Sunday, June 2, 2013

Momma's Homemade Cookies





So my husband had a mean sweet tooth attack and asked me to make some of my beloved chocolate chip cookies. I'm sad to say they're not my own recipe. Who knows who really came up with it first because its a very classic recipe, but I got it from my mom.


Ingredients:

2 cups - All Purpose Flour (can be substituted w/ whole wheat flour)
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cup of chocolate chips

I use 16 oz. (or 1 regular size bag) Nestle chocolate chip chunks (can substitute as preferred)

Let's get bakin'!

Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.



Step 2: Mix together the following in electric mixer: butter and sugars; add eggs one at a time and beat until well mixed.



Step 3: Mix together dry ingredients: flour, backing soda, and salt in a bowl. Add to batter by hand (1/3, mix til blended, 1/3 mix til blended, rest and mix til blended). Do not dump all the dry ingredients into the wet. It won't mix correctly and turned into a nightmare.



Step 4: Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips. Use two spoons (teaspoon or tablespoon) onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.


Allow to cool and enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment